Monday, May 18, 2009

Beautiful Like Me - Coming Soon!

Today's question to ponder for the Beautiful Like Me Project is In your opinion, what is the best way to build self-esteem?. I have draft after draft attempting to answer this in a way that makes sense but I have not yet achieved what I think is a readable answer - it's more a running stream of thought(s) ramble. So, this post is to serve as a place holder for the real thing coming soon -really, I promise. Okay, maybe not really soon but today for sure. Possibly late in the day but today. Please check back later and let me know what your thinking about this question as well...See you soon!

4 comments:

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

I totally understand your struggle, I rewrote several times BUT thanks for sticking with it because each post touches someone!!! Looking forward to reading later!

Lisa P said...

I agree with Amy. What seems like such easy topics end up being reworked and rethought. Even knowing weeks ahead of time, I still find myself having no idea what I'm going to end up writing until I finish typing.

Danielle said...

Yeah, it seems that all the answers lead to more questions and I can't quite figure out how to articulate the continuous conversation I am having in my head...

Lisa P said...

Danielle, this post was well worth waiting for! Oh boy do I have some thinking to do. I'm replaying a few events in my mind from just today and I'm shrinking into my shoulders a bit. We all want our kids to be good world citizens and mindful of how their actions affect others. That doesn't need to come at the expense of stomping all over their natural personalities and passions.

It's interesting though, because I am very aware of my kids' are little humans. Their wants, needs and emotions are worn on their foreheads. I think it is more that I hold myself personally to an expectation of being a super-human in order to keep everything perfect and running smoothly. Well, is there really any such thing as a super-human? A lot of us try to be, but aren't we mostly just driving ourselves into the ground? Are we setting a bar impossibly high in our own lives and leaving the door open for our kids to see just being human as lacking?