Wednesday, February 6, 2008

War

I recognize that there are no easy answers. I am saddened by the partisanship that does not allow for thoughtful, logical, rational discussion about solutions. And I am astounded at the waste (in all areas) of our tax dollars when there are children here - in the United States of America - without food, shelter and access to basic healthcare and education. Feeling a little overwhelmed by it all this morning...

Regardless of your political affiliation or your belief about whether or not government should respond to these injustices, we are all responsible for the children. The least of these, whom we are commanded love, cherish and protect. Where is Jesus in all the rhetoric? What are you doing to live your life in accordance with His commands?

I am asking myself these and other questions. Searching my heart and striving to live every day according to my principles.

No comments: